The Eastside YMCA serves the Greer and Taylors communities of Greenville County and features an indoor and outdoor pool, a state-of-the-art wellness facility, group exercise rooms, and childwatch space. The Eastside Family Y provides space for youth and adult sports, after school and summer day camp child care, and programs and classes for seniors.
Youth services and programs
- After School Program
- Adventure Guides
- Aquatics and Swim Lessons
- Summer Day Camps
- Youth Sports
- Teen Achievers
- Camp Greenville
- Online After School & Day Camp Payments
Adult services and programs
- Wellness Works
- Personal Training
- Beast Mode
- Aquatics and Swim Lessons
- Adult Small Groups
- Group Exercise
- Silver Sneakers
Partnership Wellness Programs & Initiatives
1250 Taylors Rd.
Taylors, SC 29687
Monday - Thursday: 5:00 AM - 9:30 PM
Friday: 5:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Saturday: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sunday: 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Child Watch Hours
Monday - Saturday: 8:00 AM-1:00 PM
Monday - Thursday: 4:30 PM-8:30 PM
Enrich your child's life. Eastside Y After School program allows your child homework time, physical activity, devotion time, healthy snacks, swimming throughout the week, and much more. We are open on most holidays and teacher work days. Download a registration form here.
- Rate: Members $55 per week // Non Members $83 per week. We now have three options to pay: pay at the front desk weekly, pay online weekly, bank draft weekly.
- Eastside Family Y's After School program picks up from the following
elementary schools: Chandler Creek, Brushy Creek, Woodland, Buena
Vista, Lake Forest, Mitchell Rd., Pelham Rd., Brook Glen, Paris, Taylor,
Crestview, Mountain View
- We also pick up from the following middle schools: Northwood, Riverside, Greer, Sevier, League
- Note - we must have at least 3 individuals registered at a school to pick up.
Have you taken advantage of the Y's biggest health and wellness resource? If not, what are you waiting for? Every Y membership includes Wellness Works, our signature health and wellness program. All you have to do is sign up to begin meeting with your Wellness Works coach. For more on Wellness Works, click here.
You can see your schedules without downloading anything! Visit our new association schedule!
Fall/Winter 2014 Aquatic Schedule (effective Aug. 20, 2014)
Enjoy The Water Safely
Safety is the number one policy in and around our swimming facilities. Beginning June 1, 2013, all YMCA of Greenville branches are implementing a swim test policy. For swim test and age guidelines, please click here.
It is never too early or late to start swim lessons. The Eastside Family YMCA offers swim lessons for children and adults of all ages and abilities, from the timid beginner to the advanced level swimmer. In this program the YMCA teaches not only basic swimming skills, but also skills that will allow participants to enjoy a variety of aquatic activities throughout their lives. We teach the basic fundamentals of swimming, stroke refinement, and personal safety. Our ultimate goal is not only teaching you and your child how to swim, but to build confidence in everyone's swimming abilities and to develop the whole person - spirit, mind and body. It's what make us different from any other exercise facility.
Sign ups begin August 14 for members for Sept swim lessons. Come see all the great changes that have been made to our swim lessons
Do you need some personal instruction? We offer private and semi-private swim lessons for ages 3 and up.
- Private lessons: Members - $25.00 per half hour // Non-members - $35.00 per half hour
- Semi - Private lessons: Members - $15.00 per person per half hour // Non-members - $25.00 per person per half hour.
- Private lessons and semi-private swim lessons must be purchased in groups of four.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training
Become a Youth Sports Sponsor. Help support your local kids, have your name on the jersey and a banner on the field. More information...
Games and practices will be called due to weather 1 hour before scheduled game or practice. Check web site for all cancellations.
2014 Youth Sports Registration Calendar
Late fee - $15
Miss the lines. Register online.
Basketball- Rates: Member - $60 Non-member - $90
Registration: September 15 - October 3
Practices begin the week of November 3
Games: November 15 - January 24
Learning continues long after the school day ends. Our enrichment classes offer your child an opportunity to experience karate, dance, and art.
- Karate: Your child will learn traditional karate, skill development, leadership, flexibility, mental and self-control during this 12 week course. Each class will introduce new skills and ideas while building on what they have already learned. Register and pay by August 30. Classes being Friday, September 5. Register online or mail check to Carolina Karate.
- Dance: Our dance program educates dances in multiple disciplines with an emphasis on proper technique and an appreciation of the art. Our goal is not only to reveal this enriching art form, but also give dancers the opportunity to develop friendships, memories and an enhanced sense of self that will last a life time. Download a registration form.
Parents' Night Out
The next Parents' Night Out will be Friday, September 19 and September 26 from 6:30 PM - 10:00 PM. Registration will begin September 1 and run through the Friday before the scheduled Parents' Night Out. All registration and cancellations must be made by the Friday before the scheduled Parents' Night Out or a $10 cancellation fee will be assessed.
The time a father spends with his children is important to the child's growth and to the father's happiness. The YMCA Adventure Guides program is designed to create memorable experiences to foster this relationship.
Program Guide: valuable info for making plans this fall
The Program Guide for September - December is located here.