Welcome to the South Carolina Youth in Government website
The SC YMCA Youth in Government program is open to any middle or high school student in South Carolina.
About SC YMCA YIGThe Youth in Government program helps to create the next generation of good citizens. Through our programs, we demystify local, state and national governmental systems so tomorrow's adults will know how to effect change within these systems. We expand horizons so young people will understand their role within a global society.
The program uses the service-learning model in the firm belief that leadership is developed by doing. High school students help provide leadership for our middle school programs, while college students -- alumni of the Youth in Government program -- provide leadership for our high school programming. All programs are guided and directed by committed adult volunteers and YMCA professional staff.
If you are interested in starting a Youth in Government Program at your school, e-mail our Program Director Jessica Sharp or call our office at 864-283-6800.
- Dates and documents for the Middle School Model Legislature and the High School Model Legislature and Court Conference.
- The 2014 Mock Trial Case and Rules of Evidence can be located here.
- The 2014 Appeals Case and supplementary documents can be located here.
- The 2014 High School YIG bills have been uploaded! Click here to see them.
- The 2015 Conferecne on National Affairs (CONA) nomination form/application has been posted. Click here to download it.
- 2014 HS YIG Hotel Assignments