Welcome to the South Carolina Youth in Government website
The SC YMCA Youth in Government program is open to any middle or high school student in South Carolina.
About SC YMCA YIGThe Youth in Government program helps to create the next generation of good citizens. Through our programs, we demystify local, state and national governmental systems so tomorrow's adults will know how to effect change within these systems. We expand horizons so young people will understand their role within a global society.
The program uses the service-learning model in the firm belief that leadership is developed by doing. High school students help provide leadership for our middle school programs, while college students -- alumni of the Youth in Government program -- provide leadership for our high school programming. All programs are guided and directed by committed adult volunteers and YMCA professional staff.
If you are interested in starting a Youth in Government Program at your school, e-mail our Program Coordinator Ian Rutledge or call our office at 864-283-6800.
- 2015 Appeals Case Video: Facts of the Case
- 2015 Appeals Case Video: The Appeals Court Decision
- 2015 Appeals Case Video: Notice Question in Appellant Brief
- 2015 Appeals Case Video: Undue Burden Appellant Brief
- 2015 Appeals Case Video: Notice Question in Respondent Brief
- 2015 Appeals Case Video: Undue Burden Respondent Brief
- 2015 Appeals Case Video: The Precedent Cases
- 2015 Appeals Case Video: Summary
- 2015 High School ML&C Appeals Problem