- Prisma Health began offering drive-through coronavirus testing for patients who have orders from a Prisma provider or a virtual visit provider. Testing will be done in Greenville at Prisma's Greenville Memorial Medical Campus on the lower level of the South Parking Deck. The site will operate from 9am - 6pm Monday through Friday.
- Prisma Health will not allow children under the age of 18 to visit a patient in the hospital unless a patient's physician approves. At the children's hospital, only parents or a designated caregiver can visit patients.
- North Greenville Hospital will now be a quarantine site for COVID-19 positive patients.
- Spartanburg Regional Hospitals announced all visitors will be subject to screening for symptoms of fever, cough or shortness of breath in the previous week.
- All playgrounds and fitness areas are closed
- Greenville County Schools is providing free breakfasts and lunches are available to anyone younger than 18 and also to those with diverse abilities / special needs up to age 21
- Greenville County Schools Class Work and IT help if needed
- Social Security Office/Other Government Offices are closed in person but are available to call in
- GreenLink has halted trolley service through March 31 but is continuing all other routes on normal schedules so that residents can continue working and attending medical appointments
- March and April elections are postponed statewide until after May 1 — including upcoming elections in the town of Pelzer, the city of Mauldin and the city of Anderson
The Housing and Urban Development Department will suspend foreclosures and evictions through April as a growing number of Americans face losing jobs and missing rent and mortgage payments
- Duke Energy is suspending disconnections for non-payment effective March 13th
- Laurens Electric will keep kiosks and drive-through windows open for payment but offices are closed to walk-ins; the co-op has suspended disconnection due to non-payment
- Piedmont Gas Company suspended disconnections for non-payment effective March 13th
- Greenville Water is providing payment plans and options and will ensure no disruption to water service for customers or any impairments to water quality due to this pandemic
- Charter Spectrum will give 60-day service free for new K-12 households and college student households; they will also set up local hotspots and support the school system
- Xfinity will open hotspots around the country with at these locations. They are also not limiting their data plans and are willing to talk to their customers to pausing late fees and stop disconnects during this time.
- You can go to a Greenville County School and receive free WiFi. The district has amped up its WiFi at each school so that families in the parking lots or near school buildings can get signal. Limited to only websites that students are typically allowed to see while at school.
Businesses and Events
Meals for Children
Free breakfasts and lunches are available to anyone younger than 18 and also to those with diverse abilities / special needs up to age 21. Breakfast will be served beginning at 8am, and lunch will be served beginning at 11am each day at each location. Check the Greenville County School Disctrict website to view an interactive map of meal sites.
Meals for Seniors
Senior Action will begin serving lunches for its members at drive-thru stations across the Upstate at six centers. Two designated staff members will be carefully handing out meals at each location, so seniors won’t have to get out of their cars.
- Served Monday-Friday 11:30 am -12:30pm
- Centers: Slater-Marietta, Berea Community Center, Long Branch Baptist Church, Pleasant Valley Connection, Orchard Park (Greenville headquarters on Directors Drive) and Greer Needmore Center
We encourage everyone to regularly check trusted resources for important updates and safety information.
Educational Resources for Families
- How to Talk to Kids about Coronavirus
- Parents’ Guide to Google Classroom
- Diverse Abilities Resources
- Get Fit Calendar
- High School Students
- Online Stories
- English Language Learning Teaching Resources
- English Language Learning Websites for Learning
- ESL Videos
- Virtual Field Trips
- Museum Virtual Tours
- Learn and play games focused on Animals
- Learn about geography & Animals
- Reading (available in English & Spanish)
- Hang out with Dr. Seuss
- Math & Reading Skills
- Fun Brain
- PBS Kids
- Cool Science Experiments