The YMCA of Greenville is proud to be a SilverSneakers partner.
What is SilverSneakers? SilverSneakers is an overall wellness program that helps you improve your health and live the life you want.
How does Silver Sneakers Work? SilverSneakers is offered to Medicare-eligible and group retiree members of participating health plans. In some plans, it's offered at little or no additional cost. Call the number on your health plan ID to learn more.
What do I get with SilverSneakers? Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro ready for the next challenge, SilverSneakers offers a variety of options for all fitness levels and abilities. At the Y, your SilverSneakers benefits include use of our wellness facilities, group exercises classes, and great social activities. Plus your SilverSneakers plan is accepted at all YMCA of Greenville locations or at thousands of other locations nationwide.
What locations can I use? You can use any YMCA of Greenville location! You may be asked to fill out a guest form the first time you visit a different location. You can also use 13,000+ SilverSneakers locations as often as you want across the country. Visit silversneakers.com to search by ZIP code.
What are SilverSneakers classes? The YMCA of Greenville offers several group exercise classes designed with SilverSneakers in mind! Classes include:
- SilverSneakers Classic - A variety of support positions with a chair, designed to improve overall functional conditioning. Safe, fun and effective movements with hand-held weights, elastic tubing, and a ball!
- SilverSneakers Stability - This class is similar to SilverSneakers Classic and uses the chair and some equipment for agility, coordination and balance training. This is a fall prevention & mobility class. We are exercising to stay safe on our feet!
- SilverSneakers Circuit - Easy to follow Cardio Circuit advanced class to improve cardiovascular and muscular endurance conditioning. Non-Impact standing choreography alternated with safe, fun and effective exercises for upper body strength work.
- SilverSneakers Yoga - This class will move your body through a complete series of seated and standing yoga poses. Chair support is offered to safely perform a variety of postures designed to increase flexibility and range of movement.
- SilverSneakers Yoga Stretch - YogaStretch will move your whole body through a complete series of seated & standing yoga poses to increase flexibility, balance & range of movement. Also Restorative breathing. (No Mat Required)
- SilverSplash - This class offers lots of fun shallow-water moves to improve agility, flexibility and cardiovascular endurance. No swimming ability required. SilverSneakers kickboard is used for strength, balance and coordination.
How do I enroll at the Y? Take your SilverSneakers card or personal member ID to any YMCA of Greenville location and tell the Welcome Center staff you want to enroll in a SilverSneakers membership. Once you're set up, scan your card each time you visit the Y! If you have questions about YMCA of Greenville locations or amenities, contact us!
Have more questions about SilverSneakers? Call SilverSneakers at 1-888-423-4632.