1. What it’s for The Y app was created for individuals to quickly answer the most asked question about the Y: “When’s my favorite class, again?” The app is a quick way to access group exercise class schedules on the go.
2. Where to get it There are many YMCA apps in the app store, but YMCA of Greenville, South Carolina is easy to find. You can search in the Apple or Google Play app stores by typing “YMCA of Greenville” in the search bar. But here, we’ll save you a step. YMCA of Greenville App for Apple devices. YMCA of Greenville App for Google Devices.
3. Use it to scan in at the Y With The Y app, you’ll always have your membership card on hand! Simply insert your id card number for The Y into the app and easily scan to get through check in with your cellphone.
4. When it snows, we’re usually closed You know how it is in South Carolina. If there’s snow or ice on the roads, most places close. If that’s the case for the Y, we send out push notifications that we’re closed or opening late.
5. You also need to know about MindBody Some classes have limited equipment (like cycle and spin classes), or limited space, like TRX or Beast Mode classes. IN those cases, we require pre-registration to save your spot. We do that with the MindBody app. You can find the MindBody app in the Google Play or Apple app stores. Once downloaded do a search for your Y, and based on your location it will suggest the closest Ys. From there you can find you’re the class and hit “Book now!”