Our pools are mixed-use. That means you're welcome to use them for recreation when they are not in use in an organized aquatics program. Every day, our pools host lap swimmers, swim lessons, swim academy practices, aqua aerobics classes, and families enjoying free swim time together. We want everyone to enjoy our facilities safely. That's why we require the following:
Swimmers need have to have an adult guardian in the pool within arms reach at all times
Swimmers need to have a parent in the pool within arms reach
pass a swim test
wear a lifejacket, while a adult guardian stays on deck
Swimmers need to pass a swim test
wear an approved lifejacket in the pool area
- Jump into the pool, submerge fully, return to the surface and begin swimming.
- Swim 25 yards without stopping or touching the bottom of the pool in a horizontal position using a forward crawl stroke.
- The swimmer's arms must achieve full extension in every stroke and he or she must maintain the stroke for the full 25 yards.
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Exit the pool without assistance, using the wall.
- Swimmers are retested at the beginning of each summer, and may, at a lifeguard's discretion, be asked to repeat the swim test at any point during the year.
Our Pool Locations and Schedules
Lap swim lanes are first-come, first-served, and please be prepared to share a lane with another swimmer if necessary.
Please note: our branch aquatics facilities close 30 minutes prior to the facility closing time. This enables us to perform necessary maintenance and cleaning.
Indoor Pool (kept at 85-87° year round), Outdoor Pool (with “bubble” in the winter months, kept at 78-82° year round), and Splash Pad (open Memorial Day to Labor Day)
Indoor Pool (kept at 83° year round)
Outdoor Pool located at Prisma Health Family Y (with “bubble” in the winter months, kept at 80° year round) and Splash Pad with wading pool (open Memorial Day to Labor Day)
Indoor Pool located at Y Program Center (kept at 87° year round)
*The pool at the YMCA Program Center at Adams Mill is available for lap swimming/water walking Monday-Friday from 7:30am-8:30am, and again from 11:15am-12pm (also available from 12:00pm-3:00pm on Fridays).