Offered at: Eastside Family Y
Spring Registration: Now through March 18
- March 21 - Orientation at the Eastside Family Y, 4:30pm
- March 28 - On Course, Location TBD, 4:30pm
- April 4 - Off for Easter
- April 11 - On Course, Location TBD, 4:30pm
- April 18 - On Course, Location TBD, 4:30pm
- April 25 - On Course, Location TBD, 4:30pm
- May 2 - On Course, Location TBD, 4:30pm
- May 9 - On Course, Location TBD, 4:30pm
- May 16 - On Course, Location TBD, 4:30pm
- May 23 - Makeup date as needed.
Price: $120 per participant
The YMCA Youth Golf Program is designed for children ages 5-14 that have varying levels of golf experience including beginners, intermediate and brand new to the game. This program employs a learn through play approach where the focus is on the kids having fun while they learn to play the game of golf out on the course, as a team.
Junior golfers are placed onto teams of 4-6 kids and play various team-based playing formats for about 60-75 minutes per outing. Each team is led by a parent-team leader who serves as a volunteer coach/organizer for their team. These parent-team leaders are trained by YMCA and Grow Golf Now personnel before the season begins.
Parents and grandparents are also encouraged to serve as caddies, guides, ball spotters, and fans - which the kids really love to have following them. All teams will play from modified hole distances such as 100, 150, and 200 yards which vary based on age and experience.
All participants receive a Youth Membership to Haas Family Golf for unlimited range access during the course of the program, program bag tag and a weekly online training video series.
Course Partners: Carolina Golf at Botany Woods, Carolina Springs, Fox Run Country Club, Greer Country Club, Legacy Pines, 3's of Greenville
Financial assistance is available for this program. Email us for more info.