Y-Corps is a service-learning program for students who want to make a difference in their communities and around South Carolina and country. The program incorporates the 4 types of service we emphasize at the Y:
- Perform at least 20 hours of direct and indirect service in their local communities
- Practice philanthropy by fundraising for our Scholarship Fund
- Engage in advocacy on behalf of their Y-Corps teams and the YMCA Movement
The program culminates with a week long service trip. The 2019 service trip will take place from July 13th to July 21st, 2019.
Participants in the program form a cohort of passionate young people from across the state who have been exposed to the wide range of cultures, strengths, and needs that make up our state and country.
Through a combination of hard work, cultural experiences, travel, self-discovery, and reflection, Y-Corps extends the Y’s mission into communities throughout our state and beyond.
- THE SERVICE TRIP IS INCREDIBLY REWARDING AND FUN!
- This trip will include multiple service projects that require manual labor. All applicants must be willing to participate in all projects. DON'T LET THAT SCARE YOU THOUGH!
- Students travel by bus to multiple stops along a predetermined route.
- Students will stay lock-in style in local YMCAs at stops.
- Maximum 35 students
- Trip stops will not be revealed to participants prior to the service trip. Participate, don't anticipate! (Route will be shared with participants' parents.)
Application Deadline: December 21, 2018
Service Deadline: June 15, 2019
Fundraising Deadline: June 15, 2019
If you have any questions or would like more information, contact our program leaders: Reagan Thompson, Teen Achievers Program Director, at email@example.com, and Ian Rutledge, SC Youth in Government Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.