Our pools are mixed-use. That means you're welcome to use them for recreation when they are not in use in an organized aquatics program. Every day, our pools host lap swimmers, swim lessons, swim academy practices, aqua aerobics classes, and families enjoying free swim time together. We want everyone to enjoy our facilities safely. That's why we require the following:
- Swimmers must have an adult guardian in the pool within arm's reach at all times.
- Swimmers must have an adult guardian on deck or in the pool at all times AND
- Swimmers also must either pass a swim test OR wear an approved lifejacket in the pool area.
- Swimmers need to pass a swim test OR wear an approved lifejacket in the pool area.
- Adult supervision is not required.
- Jump into the pool, submerge fully, return to the surface and begin swimming.
- Swim 25 yards without stopping or touching the bottom of the pool in a horizontal position using a forward crawl stroke.
- The swimmer's arms must achieve full extension in every stroke and he or she must maintain the stroke for the full 25 yards.
- Tread water for 60 seconds
- Exit the pool without assistance, using the wall.
- Swimmers are retested at the beginning of each summer, and may, at a lifeguard's discretion, be asked to repeat the swim test at any point during the year.
Our Pool Locations and Schedules
Lap swim lanes are first-come, first-served, and please be prepared to share a lane with another swimmer if necessary. All pool hours subject to change. Group rentals may occur at any time. Please note: our branch aquatics facilities close 30 minutes prior to the facility closing time. This enables us to perform necessary maintenance and cleaning.
Indoor Pool (kept at 85-87° year round), Outdoor Pool (with “bubble” in the winter months, kept at 78-82° year round), and Splash Pad (open Memorial Day to Labor Day)
Outdoor Pool located at Prisma Health Family Y (with "bubble" in the winter months) and Splash Pad with wading pool (open Memorial Day to Labor Day)
Indoor Pool located at Y Program Center.
The YMCA of Greenville is committed to helping create safe environments for children. Click here to learn how you can help.