RECESS (Recreation, Education, Community, Exercise, Social and Service) is a signature program of The YMCA of Greenville for post-high school adults with diverse abilities. During programming, participants learn about nutrition, fitness, social responsibility, community outreach, and independent living skills. RECESS allows adults with diverse abilities not only a place to continue to learn new skills, but also gives them a place to connect with friends and gain a sense of belonging.
Participants with a financial need are encouraged to request financial assistance for any portion of the program fee that is not affordable. Download the request form and we will work to help you.
SPRING 2022 LOCATIONS: All classes will be held at the Caine Halter Family YMCA (721 Cleveland Street, Greenville), or the YMCA Program Center (100 Adams Mill Road, Simpsonville).
- 3-Day-Per-Week Program (M/W/F) - $75 per week
- 2-Day-Per-Week Program (T/TH) - $50 per week
- Annual Registration Fee - $50
SESSION DATES FOR 2022:
- Spring: January 10 - May 6
- Summer: TBD
- Fall: September 12 - December 9
- Please remain home if anyone in your family is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Face masks are optional during programming, and during bus transportation
- Participants and staff will wash their hands routinely throughout the day.
- During drop-off and pick-up, we ask that parents remain in their vehicles and refrain from entering the building.
- We ask that parents keep us informed if their participant has potentially been exposed to the virus, begins to exhibit symptoms, or tests positive for COVID-19.
In addition to our regular RECESS programming, we also offer job coaching for participants with diverse abilities!