Being active has never been so much fun! The YMCA of Greenville is a great place for active older adults and seniors to stay healthy, and stay connected. We offer a Senior Membership option at all YMCA of Greenville branches, as well as through some insurance providers such as SilverSneakers® and Silver&Fit®. And no matter your membership type, you'll have access to great exercise classes designed with seniors in mind.
The YMCA of Greenville is proud to be a SilverSneakers® partner.
SilverSneakers is an overall wellness program that helps you improve your health and live the life you want.
SilverSneakers is offered to Medicare-eligible and group retiree members of participating health plans. In some plans, it's offered at little or no additional cost. Call the number on your health plan ID to learn more.
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro ready for the next challenge, SilverSneakers offers a variety of options for all fitness levels and abilities. At the Y, your SilverSneakers benefits include use of our wellness facilities, group exercises classes, and great social activities. Plus your SilverSneakers plan is accepted at all YMCA of Greenville locations or at thousands of other locations nationwide.
You can use any YMCA of Greenville location! You may be asked to fill out a guest form the first time you visit a different location. You can also use 13,000+ SilverSneakers locations as often as you want across the country. Visit silversneakers.com to search by ZIP code.
The YMCA of Greenville offers several group exercise classes designed with SilverSneakers in mind! Classes include:
- SilverSneakers Classic - A variety of support positions with a chair, designed to improve overall functional conditioning. Safe, fun and effective movements with hand-held weights, elastic tubing, and a ball!
- SilverSneakers Stability - This class is similar to SilverSneakers Classic and uses the chair and some equipment for agility, coordination and balance training. This is a fall prevention & mobility class. We are exercising to stay safe on our feet!
- SilverSneakers Circuit - Easy to follow Cardio Circuit advanced class to improve cardiovascular and muscular endurance conditioning. Non-Impact standing choreography alternated with safe, fun and effective exercises for upper body strength work.
- SilverSneakers Yoga - This class will move your body through a complete series of seated and standing yoga poses. Chair support is offered to safely perform a variety of postures designed to increase flexibility and range of movement.
- SilverSneakers Yoga Stretch - YogaStretch will move your whole body through a complete series of seated & standing yoga poses to increase flexibility, balance & range of movement. Also Restorative breathing. (No Mat Required)
- SilverSplash - This class offers lots of fun shallow-water moves to improve agility, flexibility and cardiovascular endurance. No swimming ability required. SilverSneakers kickboard is used for strength, balance and coordination.
Take your SilverSneakers card or personal member ID to any YMCA of Greenville location and tell the Welcome Center staff you want to enroll in a SilverSneakers membership. Once you're set up, scan your card each time you visit the Y! If you have questions about YMCA of Greenville locations or amenities, contact us!
Call SilverSneakers at 1-888-423-4632.
GET FIT WITH OUR SILVER&FIT® EXERCISE AND HEALTHY AGING PROGRAM!
No- or Low-Cost Fitness Facility Membership, Classes for Silver&Fit® Members!
Interested in taking fitness classes designed for your needs? As a member of a Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement plan, you may be eligible for a no-cost or low-cost membership to The YMCA of Greenville through the Silver&Fit program!
The Silver&Fit program is available to people who are Medicare-eligible and have purchased Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement coverage that includes the Silver&Fit Exercise and Healthy Aging program as an added benefit.
SILVER&FIT® MEMBER BENEFITS
The Silver&Fit Exercise and Healthy Aging program provides members with the following great benefits:
- No-cost or low-cost membership to YMCA of Greenville (Any nonstandard fitness facility services that typically require an additional fee are not included in your membership.)
- Exercise classes, specially tailored for older adults, including: Aquatics classes, Fit for Life, Active Adults, Senior Interval Core, Yoga, Zumba® and more!